*Starter Collection Press Sample*
I have a confession.....My name is Amanda and I am a lipstick junkie. Don't Laugh! Seriously I love lipstick, lip stains, lip colors of all sorts. In fact I counted how many different lipsticks I had in my purse and it was 12!
And while I love my lipsticks and the pop of color they add, I hate how they come off on EVERYTHING! Your teeth, coffee cup, husband, kid, cocktail glass, napkin at dinner....the smears, etc. I've tried "long lasting lipsticks" that 1) don't last and 2) dry out your lips. Sometimes you have a work event or are at a party and you want your lipstick to just stay put! The struggle is real my friends!
So when my friend Natosha asked if I'd be interested in trying LipSense I said "sure!". While SeneGence (the parent brand of Lipsense) & LipSense have been around since the early 1990s I hadn't really heard of it.
So What is LipSense and Why is it so special?
You need to use the Color and the Gloss in combination. You MUST use only the LipSense Gloss with the color to achieve the desired results. A Collection is considered 1 color, 1 glossy gloss and 1 Oops! Remover (I'll tell you more about removing under the Tips and Tricks below!).
I don't know about you but I've become increasingly interested in the ingredients in my beauty products. Many lipsticks have terrible ingredients and I love that LipSense is lead free.
LipSense Offers a Variety of Colors
I love to play with color combinations with polish and LipSense lets me bring that same creativity to my lip color. Offering lots of colors (see the full album here) that can even be mixed or layered to create your own custom shades!
Here are a few color combinations that I've tried already!
And let's not forget to mention that Glossy Gloss isn't your only option! I'm hoping that more of the glosses come back in stock soon so I can add them to my collection!
What is actually in LipSense?
The one thing that I had heard was that the LipSense colors do have a alcohol scent (see below note). I didn't find this off-putting and once I had the gloss on I didn't notice it anymore. Knowing that the product gets rid of bacteria was a bonus!
First start by discontinuing any sort of balm or ointment you have been using on your lips. Use the glossy gloss as your lipbalm! Double Duty! I know what you're thinking - I was seriously doubting this gloss too. I didn't think it would do the job of moisturizing and conditioning my lips.... well I was wrong! The stuff is AMAZING. Its full of Shea Butter and stays ON your lips. Its very rich, glossy but doesn't feel sticky.
Confession: I sleep with this on, I wear it skiing, I put it on all the time! It's that good.
Second: Your lips are going to exfoliate. Your lips are going to shed wax build up and dead skin. This is normal, don't give up! After two weeks my lips are the healthiest they have been in months! Glossy Gloss stands up to the cold, harsh Colorado winter winds.
I find that a moisturizing lip scrub is good used daily during this process as well. I like Parkside Soap Shop and Love & Lotus Naturals lip scrubs. They do not contain wax and come in multiple flavors.
Tips, Tricks and Observations!
- I apply my Lipsense colors AFTER I am done doing the rest of my make up.
- I use a Q-Tip soaked with Garnier Micellar Water (learn more about that product here!) to prep my lips. This removes make-up and any other residue from my morning routine. It also doesn't dry out your lips. Allow your lips to dry!
- LipSense is applied in three layers. Begin by removing some of the product from the tip of the applicator. I just scrape mine on the top and then use the reserve for application.
- Allow each to dry for 10 or so seconds in-between.
- Feel free to layer away with other colors too!
- Its important that you apply lip sense in one direction - do not go back and forth.
- Set with your gloss and you are good to go!
- I carry my gloss with me and apply anytime I want but especially after eating/drinking.
Here is a great video by Natosha on applying LipSense! Be sure to subscribe to her account on YouTube for more!
- Apply a layer of the Ooops! Remover and rub lips together to allow to penetrate color.
- Use a cotton round or paper towel to remove. I personally have about a dozen or so washclothes that I use to remove my make up and lipstick. I wash them with bleach weekly to help remove the make up.
- I've also found that using a cotton round with that same Micellar water is a great was to remove any remaining color.
- I use a gentle moisturizing lip scrub (noted above) to exfoliate my lips. Removing with that same warm washcloth that I used to remove my makeup/lip color.
- Apply Gloss to clean lips.
Where to buy LipSense!
You can purchase LipSense and other awesome SeneGence products from any of their distributors. Including Natosha and .... me! Yes, after a week of using LipSense and loving it so much I started buying additional colors. Then I honestly thought I had to sign up to share this magical product. That's simply how much I adore it!
To learn more and view available stock join/like Altogether Beauty with Natosha and Live Life in Color on Facebook.
I'm anticipating the arrival of my stock soon! View my upcoming stock in my Stock Album on Facebook (Click Here)*.
*Please note you will have to join my group to view my stock and promotions. I'd love to have you join, just click the request group option*
A Starter Collection includes LipSense Color, Glossy Gloss and Ooops! Remover! Individual Colors & Glosses can be purchased for: Colors $25.00 / Glosses $20 / Ooops! Remover $10.
With the long lasting wear, long lasting use and variety of colors/looks you can create I think LipSense is a great value and I really believe you will LOVE it!
Be sure to follow Altogether Beauty on Instagram as well! You can follow me over on Instagram as well for more looks and inspiration.
Tell me what you think. Have you tried LipSense? What colors do you like? I'd love to hear from you!